Tuesday 21 August 2012

Updates, Work Trips and Writing

Another Tuesday home with Boo watching Waybuloo.

Off to Yorkshire this time next week for work related stuff, which should be interesting and challenging. Have printed off a load of old notes for a crash refresher course.

Also trying to to do a big update on a laptop for my eldest, but sadly it's Vista and the last time I did a service Pack update for that particular operating system the laptop had to be reset to factory settings. Fingers crossed this will go without a hitch. I briefly toyed with the idea of installing Ubuntu and leaving Vista where it belongs, but I've no experience with Linux and installing it on your eldest childs laptop is probably not the best place to start.

I find myself re-writing the same 18k words time and time again as the characters need real motivation beyond 'this looks interesting'. But purposeless characters don't seem to bother legions of other published authors so maybe I worry too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment